Who said surfing was easy? haha We’ll… it’s not! Australia is known for surfing, so naturally I signed up for a 1-hour class in Bondi Beach. I couldn’t go back home thinking I didn’t surf or at least tried to surf.
1) Bondi Beach is the perfect beach to learn how to surf
The waves in Bondi Beach are very calm, but they give you the perfect push beginners need.
2) Suit up!
3) Sign the “If a shark attacks you, It’s not our fault!” form
4) The instructor will explain you how to properly stand up in the surf board
5) “Why is this board SO BIG AND HEAVY?”
6) I wasn’t able to stand up for at 35 minutes…
7) I (finally) catch my first wave
After 40 minutes…
8) “This is harder than it looks”
9) It’s safe to conclude that surfing is not my thing haha
10) But hey, at least I tried!
This was the longest hour of my life. I wish I had more time to “practice” haha
PS: I was sore for an entire week.