Last month, I graduated from my masters! (Hallelujah!). I attended La Salle – Universitat Ramon LLul in Barcelona, Spain so naturally I flew all the way to Spain from Miami just to attend my graduation ceremony, receive my diploma and wonder around the street of Barcelona. Did I mention that my entire master was 100% online?
In the year 2012, I visited my friend Juan Camilo in Barcelona who was in college at the time. Along with a couple of my best friends, we toured the entire city, chilled at the beach while sipping sangria, admired Gaudi’s splendid work that radiates nothing but beautiful vivid colors that easily captures your attention. And of course, at night we enjoyed Barcelona’s great night life.
One thing I’ve learned from my experience traveling the world is that no matter how many times you visit a new city, there’s always something new to see or do. Just because you’ve been before, doesn’t mean you have to do the same activities all over again. For this reason, I decided to do everything but the activities I already did on my previous visit back in 2012.
Here’s a list of ideas for things to do in Barcelona if you’ve already visit the main tourist destinations:
1) Sail along the coastline while enjoying Barcelona’s beautiful skyline. Sailing through Barceloneta was the perfect way to start the day off right. Relax and enjoy the view of the city among friends!
2) Book a half-day excursion to Montserrat’s Monastery. One of the most beautiful mountains I’ve ever seen!
3) Go to a Flamenco show. What is Spain without its amazing Flamenco shows? A great way to take in Spain’s culture through the art of dancing.
4) Spanish cuisine = 100% happiness guaranteed. Enjoy a fun night amongst friends learning how to cook paella. Treat your tastebuds to something delicious while sipping a glass of wine with your dinner!
5) Explore the city on wheels. Stroll around and discover the hidden gems this city has to offer! Like I like to say, get beautifully lost.