Beautiful isn’t? Monserrat’s Monastery is located within a short 1-hr drive from Plaza Catalunya in Barcelona. At the top of the mountain, lies its beautiful monastery. The architectural design details and Montserrat’s stunning backdrop gives this place a unique touch.
- Climb to the top of Monserrat’s monument. Even though it is closed with a sign that says “do not enter” and “please do not climb the monument” try to make the impossible to be able to do so. Since I was wearing a cast at the time, I didn’t even try to climb it. But the view from the top must be wonderful! Plus, it makes an awesome picture.
- Looking for a good place to set your tripod around here? Try the trashcans. Its design makes it easier to lay your camera, set its timer and take pictures with the mountain. There are at least 6 trash cans that are great for this!
- Try not to spend too much time in the church, plan to spend more time around the area. Such as; visit the museum, try the local beer, buy some goodies from the farmers’ market stand, ride the cable car, hike the mountain etc.
- Enjoy the children’s choir practice. If you are lucky and visit the day the children are at choirs practice, buy a ticket. It’s like angels singing from heaven, you won’t regret it!
- Don’t forget your sunscreen! (Very important)
- Bring comfortable shoe wear. Almost all the streets in Monserrat have hills that are challenging to climb without the appropriate shoe wear.
- Book the morning tour (9:00 AM) instead of the afternoon tour (2:00 PM). At morning, the weather is much nicer, it’s sunny and breezy. At 2:00 PM, the monastery gets more crowded, the breeze is completely gone and the sun is shinning so bright that you can feel the sun burning you as you walk.
Until next trip,
About The Author
Mariella Molestina Noboa
The art of saying "Yes!" can take you far away. Many people pass on opportunities for many reasons, one of them being fear. Through my life I've encounter many people that forget to live the present for something that might not even happen in the future. If you are constantly waiting for the right time to finally do something, like fulfill your life dream, you are going to spend most of your life waiting.
My name is Mariella and I created this blog as a source of inspiration for others to believe they can live the life they always pictured. The secret? Believe you can and take action. The world awaits!