Only a 2-hour drive away from Athens. Delphi is a beautiful small town located at the top of a mountain offering a wonderful view of Greece’s highlands.
Delphi has a significant influence in the ancient world, recognized by the UNESCO. Here you can find the most important monuments of ancient Greece. Such as, The Sanctuary of Athena, Ancient Theater, Ancient Gymnasium, Temple of Apollo, Treasury of the Athenians and much more.
Did You Know?
- In ancient times, Delphi was considered the center of the known world. They believed this town was where heaven and earth met.
- The oracle of Delphi is devoted to God Apollo, son of Zeus!
- Many travelers from around the world claim to feel something “magical” when visiting the ancient ruins of Delphi. Some believe magic from thousands of years ago is still present! Interesting, right?
- During the Winter, Delphi is the number one spot to ski!
- Delphi’s theater, located at the top of the ancient ruins, is considered the best ancient ruin preserved in all of Greece.
- Hire a driver that can take you to Delphi. Most cab drivers in Athens won’t want to, so make sure you plan ahead. The easiest way to book your transfer is thru Expedia.com!
- If you plan to visit the museum, book a tour guide prior to your visit. When I visited all tour guides were busy.
- Visit early in the morning to avoid crowds.
- The best day of the week to visit Delphi: Monday.
- Wear appropriate footwear. Visiting the ancient ruins involves some basic hiking!
- Make sure you go all the way to the top of the mountain! The panoramic views of Greece’s highlights are just mindblowing.
- Stroll around Delphi’s town! Once you're done at the archeological site, walk across this lovely town. Perfect for window shopping and get some souvenirs!
- If you want to grab a quick bite or have lunch in Delphi’s town, there are several Greek taverns to choose. Tantalize your palate with delicious Greek cuisine!
About The Author
Mariella Molestina Noboa
The art of saying "Yes!" can take you far away. Many people pass on opportunities for many reasons, one of them being fear. Through my life I've encounter many people that forget to live the present for something that might not even happen in the future. If you are constantly waiting for the right time to finally do something, like fulfill your life dream, you are going to spend most of your life waiting.
My name is Mariella and I created this blog as a source of inspiration for others to believe they can live the life they always pictured. The secret? Believe you can and take action. The world awaits!