📍 Guayaquil, Ecuador
✈️ Arrive at Jose Joaquin de Olmedo Airport (GYE)
🏨 Stay at Hilton Colon Guayaquil
☀️ When to go? January to June
🍴Must Try: Locro de Papa, Pan de Yuca, Seco de Pollo, Llapingacho
🍸 Best Bars: Vento Rooftop - La Paleta in Las Peñas
Guayaquil, the city I once called home. I grew up and lived in this city until I was 18 years old. When the time to go to college arrived, I moved to Miami in the United States.
As a world traveler, I can tell you that Guayaquil is not Ecuador’s main tourist destination. Ecuador has it all: beautiful tropical islands, the highlands, a gorgeous coastline and the amazon jungle. But if you find yourself in this city with no clue on what to do, here are my recommendations.
You can tour the entire city in only two days! Guayaquil’s main attractions include the following:
1) Malecon 2000 - Spend the day walking across the Malecon 2000. This waterfront boardwalk located in downtown Guayaquil is what the city is known for. Here you can find historical monuments such as The Hemiciclo de la Rotonda, restaurants, shops and much more.
2) Las Peñas - Guayaquil’ most beautiful place to visit. Climb to the top of Las Peñas until you reach a beautiful lighthouse. Approx. 300 steps to reach the top, but the view from the top is something worth climbing the stairs for. Enjoy 350- degree views of the entire city and the Guayas River!
3) La Perla Ferris Wheel - The newest addition to the city! A fun 10-minute ferris wheel ride with offering beautiful views. (Fact: it's the biggest ferris wheel in South America yet.)
4) Guayaquil’s Cathedral - a gorgeous architectural piece to admire. Located in downtown Guayaquil, a ten minute walking distance from Malecon 2000.
5) Iguana Park - Imagine visiting a park with nothing but trees and hundreds of iguanas! Yes, iguanas.
6) Parque Historico - The city's most beautiful park. It includes 8 hectares divided in three zones: Wild Life, Traditions and Urban - architectural, where the nature, rural and urban aspects are brought together in one concept: encouraging the environment preservation, rescue and promotion of our customs. - Via Tripadvisor.
City views captured at sunset...
About The Author
Mariella Molestina Noboa
The art of saying "Yes!" can take you far away. Many people pass on opportunities for many reasons, one of them being fear. Through my life I've encounter many people that forget to live the present for something that might not even happen in the future. If you are constantly waiting for the right time to finally do something, like fulfill your life dream, you are going to spend most of your life waiting.
My name is Mariella and I created this blog as a source of inspiration for others to believe they can live the life they always pictured. The secret? Believe you can and take action. The world awaits!