“There’s so much going on” is what most people will tell you about Hanoi. Indeed, there’s a lot happening all at once but I loved it!
Here's the top nine attraction to see when in Hanoi:
1.The Huc Bridge- This beautiful red bridge connects the sacred Buddhist Ngoc Son Temple and the bank of Hoan Kiem Lake in the center of the city.
2.Hoàn Kiếm Lake- Hoan Kiem Lake, also known as Hồ Gươm, is a lake in the historical center of Hanoi, the capital city of Vietnam. The lake is one of the major scenic spots in the city and serves as a local point for its public life.
3. Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum - Vietminh leader Ho Chi Minh's final resting place. When He died in 1969, his body was sent to Russia to be preserved. It is very impressive to see how many people stand in line for hours just to visit his body and pay respects. Make sure you spot the change of guards!
4. Temple of Literature - Also known as Temple of Confucius and Vietnam's first university. Also , its one of the most preserved examples of Vietnamese architecture in Hanoi.
5. One Pillar Pagoda - One of the most iconic temples in the city. The One Pillar Pagoda was built by Emperor Ly Thai Tong (1028) and has been standing ever since.
6. Trấn Quốc Pagoda - Constructed in the 6th Century by King Ly Nam De as a cultural symbol for Buddhism in Vietnam. One of Vietnam's oldest temples, this pagoda is located in an small island. Make sure to catch the sunset overlooking the Trấn Quốc Pagoda, simply beautiful!
7. Hanoi Opera House - Constructed by the French colonial administration between 1901 and 1911. It radiates neoclassical French architecture featuring Gothic themes.
8. Quán Thánh Temple - Formerly known as Trấn Vũ Temple. The is a Quán Thánh Taoist temple located near the west lake.
9. Vietnam's National Museum of Fine Arts - Established by the government, this museum showcases Vietnam's fine arts from various periods in history, late 20th and early 21st Century.
Things To Know:
About The Author
Mariella Molestina Noboa
The art of saying "Yes!" can take you far away. Many people pass on opportunities for many reasons, one of them being fear. Through my life I've encounter many people that forget to live the present for something that might not even happen in the future. If you are constantly waiting for the right time to finally do something, like fulfill your life dream, you are going to spend most of your life waiting.
My name is Mariella and I created this blog as a source of inspiration for others to believe they can live the life they always pictured. The secret? Believe you can and take action. The world awaits!