Travel Tips

Car Pick-Up Service Is Always a Yes!

After traveling for several hours, you finally make it to your destination. All you want to do is get to your hotel, maybe take a shower, brush your teeth and even lay down in bed for a little.

Every airport is different. There’s no denying it! Some of them are chaotic, other extremely luxurious and some should hardly considered an airport (more like a small  living room with chairs)

For this reason, I always make sure to book a car-pick up service to fetch me upon arrival. Many airports around the world offer bus rides to the center of the city, metro, taxi rides and even Ubers. All of these are an option, but the fact is that the “unknown” is my top concern.

Scenario # 1: What if I take the underground metro and get lost? What if I don’t speak the language? How am I going to ask for directions?

Scenario # 2: What if the bus I got into takes me somewhere I wasn’t supposed to go? How am I supposed to get back? If this happens, it means I’ll lose quality travel time.

Scenario # 3: I’m at arrivals and I just ordered my Uber to come pick me up. The driver is 15 minutes away. This means I have to wait outside with all my luggage until my ride arrives? Also, it means I will have to pay attention to all license plates on all cars.

Again: losing quality time and added stress to my vacation.

OR

Scenario # 4: Request a car pick up service at least two days prior to your arrival.The driver will meet you outside and it will be easy to spot because he’s holding a sign with your last name. The driver already knows where he has to drop you off, so just get in the car until you arrive at your hotel ready to seize the day.

This is simply ideal! When you travel for short periods of time, like myself, you tend to prioritize time vs. prize. The car-pick up service might be a little more pricey than the other options listed above, but I would rather pay an extra couple of bucks and have more time to enjoy vacation time.

How to book a car-pick up service? Easy.

1. Head over to expedia.com or viator.com and search for Airport-Hotel / Hotel-Airport car services. They vary from luxurious top of the line SUVs with the latest technology (which is of course more expensive) to a normal standard private car.
  2. Once you select the car that best suit your needs, email your itinerary to the travel agency. This should include: airport of arrival, airline, flight number, name and some ask for a copy of your passport.
  3. Get the confirmation e-mail and you are all set!

Happy travels!

1. Car-pick from airport is very necessary and useful for people specially with children or elder people travelling with them. As flight always reaches at odd times or odd season like rain or snow and in that condition, Car pick becomes a life savior. I will check on Expedia / Viator for car pick up deals.

Hi Yukti – totally agree with you! I simply prefer to have everything planned so when I get to the destination I don’t have to worry about anything and simply enjoy my vacation haha

2. Tatum says

I also heard of something called Silver Car. Not sure if thats the same thing but can definitely be worth it! Sometimes I could totally use a car service. Just makes life a hell of a lot easier when I am traveling, especially to some place foreign.

Couldn’t agree more – I will look into Silver Car 🙂 Thanks for stopping by! – Mariella

3. Terrific post! I would have never considered a car service due to the price. But when you factor in the possibility of losing time if you get lost or worse, it’s a no-brainer!

4. Amanda Tran says

Do you also get a private car service to the airport too? I just don’t think I can bring myself to do it, especially because I’m always travelling on a tight budget and can’t justify it. I wish I could though. Looks like you’re travelling much more comfortably haha

Hi Amanda – Yes, you can also request a hotel-to-airport service if you like 🙂

5. You’re so right about all the risks of getting lost. And after a long flight, it is exhausting to try and think about how to get to your destination. I never use car services unless it is late at night in a foreign country, and if they were more affordable; I would probably use them more often!

Hi Mimi’s Migration – Yes, the feeling of being lost is the absolute worst when traveling! This service helps to avoid it

6. The car pick up service sounds like the quickest way to get from your airport to your hotel. I did it once in Prague and it was perfect and didn’t cost as much as you’d think – definitely cheaper than an airport taxi. You also feel secure when being met by someone with you name.

Hi James – Couldn’t agree more with the safety comment! Using this service is not only convenient and fast but secure as well 🙂 – Mariella

7. The car pick up service is something that I had actually never thought as an option. But it does look interesting. Especially the driver meeting you outside holding a sign with your last name. That would save so much of running around on the airport. I would consider this option for my next trip.

Hello Archana – Definitely consider it in your future travels ! – Mariella

8. I LOVE YOUR LOGO! I actually just discovered the car hire/pickup for my trip to Prague, so its nice to hear that someone else has actually utilized this. I think transferring from the airport to the hotel/hostel is always the most stressful part of the whole trip. Maybe because I am typically in the sleepless fog from the overnight flights. I’m excited to see if this actually helps decrease the stress of the transfer, so thanks for the reassurance.