France, Travel

Hello from Mont Blanc Summit!

Mont Blanc is located in a  town in the South of France called Chamonix.  Mostly known for its adventurous offerings that any adrenaline junkie will be attracted to: skiing, hiking, mountain biking etc.

The highlight of the town is, without a doubt, the Mont Blanc. Visitors from all over the world visit this mountain daily.

Chamonix's cableway, located in the heart of the town, transfers visitors from Chamonix to Mont Blanc Summit.  The cable car runs every half an hour.

#Tip: Purchase your entrance tickets and check the schedule prior to your visit to avoid waiting in line. (Specially during high season)

After a fun (and scary) 4810m ride to the top, you'll be able to enjoy breathtaking views of Mont Blanc. Here you can also find a cafeteria and small exhibition showcasing the mountain's facts and history.

#Tip: The best spot for pictures is in the small area right in front of the cableway station.

#Tip: Book a paragliding tour prior to your visit. Also, make sure you have enough time to do this activity - a must do!

Once you're done exploring this area, go back to the cable car stations and head to the next level - the very top of the mountain. Here's where the famous clear observatory is located.

#Tip: If you're feeling a little lightheaded, make sure to hydrate and avoid big meals while experiencing the altitude. Bring medicine with you in case of altitude sickness occurs.

Take amazing pictures standing in the clear glass floor overlooking Mont Blanc and Chamonix. Sadly, the professional camera at the attraction wasn't working but our pictures came out amazing anyways.

If you suffer from vertigo (like myself), make sure you enter the glass floor with your head up overlooking the ceiling. When you're ready to take the picture, calmly look into the camera and smile. If you're afraid you might experience a panic attack, it's best to not look down at all. (I did though, and survived! Wuf.. )

If you have time, you can enjoy an ice cold beer with breathtaking views of the summit. Cheers to more adventures!

My visit to Mont Blanc was one for the books. I honestly didn't know what to expect, but I am glad I did it.

Until next trip,

1. I love being able to get to summits without having to hike!! That cable car ride would be thrilling and so would that glass-bottomed vista! Thanks for the tips on purchasing tickets for the cable car and paragliding activities. Sometimes I forget and suffer the consequences of having to wait in long lines. Not fun!

haha absolutely – the cable car was a life saver! Imagine hiking Mont Blanc – that must be so tiring 🙂

2. Ahh that glass ceiling amazes me and gives me vertigo at the same time! You look super glamorous by the way 🙂 I’d love to visit Mont Blanc; I have a friend who fell 1200ft down it while climbing and lived to tell the tale! Thanks for the paragliding info I would definitely give that a go!

Same! I had to go into the glass ceiling holding my both my friend’s arms and looking up to the ceiling so I don’t get a panic attack haha

3. Your photos are incredible especially with that crispy white snowy background. I do suffer from a bit of vertigo so thank you for the tip. That said, I’m not sure about trying paragliding, but I’d sure give the cable car a go.

Hi Lisa – You must take the cable car to visit Mont Blanc – if not, the other option is to actually hike the mountain. I’m not quite sure how hard the hike is – bet is for professionals only haha

4. Abigail Sinsona says

The snow-capped summit is gorgeous. Your photos are exciting and makes me want to go so bad! Your photos on the glass floor is giving me vertigo myself!

Hi Abigail – It gave me vertigo too! Although the pic is so worth it haha

5. Shibani says

Mont Blanc is already a well known place and visiting it would be wonderful. Your pictures and tips are super helpful and I also have little fear of heights, but I can’t imagine not going till the glass desk. Gorgeous pictures and lovely post.

6. Fantastic photos and thanks for your helpful tips. I’ll be in France next year during winter, and i might go exploring around the country a bit more. good to know i need to book in advance.

7. Wow. What a lovely view. I feel like running over to Mont Blanc. The paragliding is a must for me when ever I’m opportune to visit. I love the scenic, it’s just too beautiful to be described in words. I wonder how you could explain your feelings in words. It’s really breath taking.

8. I am a mountain lover and love to see snowy places. Going through Cable car to Mount Blanc must be so beautiful as crossing over the snowy valleys and peaks. Great tip to avoid Queue by booking tickets in advance. I would like to do Paragliding.

9. Joanna says

It’s so amazing that you can go on top of the mountain without any effort at all. I like that, haha. 🙂 The glass box in which you took the photo at the end looks really scary but I think I would be brave enough to stand for a few seconds, for a photo. I am afraid of heights so while going up in the cable car I will probably be on the floor, covering my eyes. I would love to go up though, the views are stunning! Great tips on how to avoid the queues at the cable car!